Tuesday 4 October 2016

My Life as an Eating Psychology Coach: Mindy Gorman-Plutzer

What made you want to become an Eating Psychology Coach?

I became aware of Marc David and The Institute for the Psychology of Eating after I completed my certification from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. I felt at the time that Marc’s teaching and the certification would better enable me to secure the niche I was determined to work with – women and men whose relationship with food is mired in fear and confusion. As a health coach, I felt I was embracing my alignment with health, wellness, and the fully nourished life we were blessed to get a “taste” of through the Training. As an Eating Psychology Coach I could combine my personal experience, strength, and hope with the Training and create the life experience I dreamed of.

What do you love about being an Eating Psychology Coach?

I love that, as an Eating Psychology Coach, I have the tools and knowledge to understand the journey to a fully nourished relationship with food, mind, and body, and also to be able to offer wisdom and strategies that enable my clients to believe they can become empowered in the process.

What does your practice look like?

I see clients individually in my office on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. I have several international clients and work with them virtually via Skype or Zoom. I offer several programs – a 4 week jumpstart, 8 weeks to Food Freedom, a 90-day, 12 session program and a 6 month, 18-24 session Platinum program. I also facilitate group, 7 Weeks, 7 Steps to Food Freedom, which uses my book, The Freedom Promise: 7 Steps to Stop Fearing What Food Will Do TO you and Start Embracing What it Can Do FOR You, as a guide.

How did your education at the Institute prepare you to work successfully with clients?

My education at the Institute not only prepared me academically but it enables me to fully embrace my own recovery from 20+ years of disordered eating behaviors. I meet my clients where they are, with empathy and compassion, also feeling empowered myself to lead them on the journey to freedom with their relationship to food and their bodies.

What was your favorite aspect of the Training?

I loved all aspects of the training. Getting the materials was always exciting and the live calls with Marc were motivating, inspiring, and incredibly insightful.

How has being an Eating Psychology Coach impacted your professional life/financial well-being?

As much as I enjoyed what I could offer as a certified health coach, Eating Psychology Coaching takes it to a higher level. I get to walk beside my clients as they re-frame old beliefs and messages in order to take charge of their health and wellness. It becomes a transformational journey as they explore who they are as eaters.
My training and expertise as an Eating Psychology Coach has impacted the financial aspect of my coaching practice in a very positive way in that the uniqueness of what we offer allows for a higher fee structure than I could ask for as a health coach.

How has being an Eating Psychology Coach impacted you personally?

Becoming an Eating Psychology coach has impacted my life on so many levels. As I’ve previously stated, the knowledge, understanding, and wisdom I’ve acquired allows me to “walk the talk” of my personal journey. It has instilled a sense of purpose as I strive daily to instill a mind/body/spirit connection into the lives of my clients and loved ones.

What do you see for yourself in your future as an Eating Psychology Coach – where is your work evolving towards?

I plan to continue to pursue bringing the concept of Eating Disorder Recovery Coaching to the ED community through outreach and education regarding Eating Psychology Coaching and the services I offer. I see a need for this type of coaching as clients step down from residential and intensive outpatient treatment. We can offer the on-going support to this population as they re-enter the daily routines of their lives, in real time. I see endless possibilities ahead. The weight management component of my practice continues to grow as I introduce my philosophy of empowered choice vs. willpower.

Why Would You Recommend the Training to Others?

The training offered in the certification program at the Institute is an opportunity that can be life changing for the person desiring transformation personally and as an offering to one’s community.

Anything else you’d like to share?

I sincerely cannot imagine my life, as it is now, without having had this experience.

NAME: Mindy Gorman-Plutzer
BUSINESS: The Freedom Promise, LLC
WEBSITE: thefreedompromise.com
FACEBOOK PAGE: facebook.com/TheFreedomPromise

BIO: I bring 20 years of nutritional counseling experience to my Manhattan based coaching practice, specializing in issues relating to weight management, emotional and compulsive eating, chronic dieting, and binge eating disorder.
I’ve combined my extensive life experience with training to create a system of strategies that empower clients to transform their relationship with food and their bodies to one that is joyous and free.

Get Your FREE Video Series

New Insights to Forever Transform Your Relationship with Food

P.S. – To learn more about the breakthrough body of work we teach here at the Institute for the Psychology of Eating, please sign up for our free video training series at ipe.tips. You’ll learn about the cutting-edge principles of Dynamic Eating Psychology and Mind Body Nutrition that have helped millions forever transform their relationship with food, body, and health. Lastly, we want to make sure you’re aware of our two premier offerings. Our Eating Psychology Coach Certification Training is an 8 month distance learning program that you can take from anywhere in the world to launch a new career or to augment an already existing health practice. And Transform Your Relationship with Food is our 8 week online program for anyone looking to take a big leap forward with food and body.



source http://psychologyofeating.com/my-life-as-an-eating-psychology-coach-mindy-gorman-plutzer/

No comments:

Post a Comment