Saturday 22 October 2016

My Life as an Eating Psychology Coach: Stella Metzner

What made you want to become an Eating Psychology Coach?

After I had some very stressful and strenuous times in my life I began to have a lot of health issues. I couldn’t figure out what it was. I gained weight and started having skin issues among other things. I changed my diet many times and tried so many different fad diets and shakes, and remedies and exercises, and at a certain point I just did not know what to even put in my mouth or what to do with my body anymore. I felt like we were two separate entities. A friend of mine suggested that I read The Slow Down Diet, so I took It on vacation with me. At almost every page I gasped or cried with disbelief. The book was speaking to every part of me. I wrote Marc David a letter because I felt as though I had to reach out to this person who had in a way saved my life. He wrote me back and told me about the school. The rest is history.

What do you love about being an Eating Psychology Coach?

I love that what I am really doing is helping people to reach their highest goals and to be their best selves. I find that it is extremely fulfilling to watch my clients feel and look better every week. They definitely have to work hard and to change their lives but in the end they are always so much more happy, and full of energy and life and a desire to really live in their lives.

What does your practice look like?

Right now the majority of my clients are my reiki clients who I also help with eating psychology. That is very often how they come to me. All my reiki clients are in person. My Coaching clients are mostly on skype, however, I had the great pleasure of working with a nine year old girl recently who I felt it was better to meet with, one on one, in her space. We met at both her father’s house and at her mother’s house. She has been hands down my favorite client so far. I feel like children might be a group that I would like to work with more. I feel that we are failing them by feeding them so much sugar and processed foods and still acting as though poison is fun to eat. Many parents , including myself have a difficult time saying no to their children when it comes to treats and snacks, because we live in a culture that eats this stuff and doesn’t realize the impact that it has on our children and will have for generations. I believe that we really have to work with the children now and make healthy food cool again.

How did your education at the Institute prepare you to work successfully with clients?

My education at the Institute for the Psychology of Eating gave me the confidence to work with clients at any stage that I am in. As long as I am two steps ahead of my clients, then I can show up for them and hold space for them and be there to listen to them. I don’t have to know everything there is to know. I have exactly the right amount of knowledge plus an incredible support network of other coaches from my class, as well as the ability to research whatever I don’t know.

What was your favorite aspect of the Training?

I think that I can’t pick favorites. I loved all of it. The graduation live event was probably one of the most interesting and beautiful times of my life. Getting to be in such a supportive environment with so many like minded peers, and to be able to open up to them and hold space for their opening was incredible. Being able to talk with Marc and Emily and the staff was also truly worth every penny and late night spent reading and studying, instead of being with friends or family.

How has being an Eating Psychology Coach impacted your professional life/financial well-being?

At this point in my career it is still a side job, but in October I am cutting the cord to my other job so that I can be fully present for my coaching and healing clients. I know that is where I am meant to be, and it is truly my path.

How has being an Eating Psychology Coach impacted you personally?

I find that I can relate to more people with non judgement and with an open heart. I see how we all struggle, no matter what our upbringing, our finances, or amount of fame. Each human has many layers and many masks that they wear. I find that coaching helps me to get beyond the mask and to reach people in their core. EPC has taught me a lot about integrity and honesty and how to present myself in truth so that others can return the favor.

What do you see for yourself in your future as an Eating Psychology Coach – where is your work evolving towards?

I see EPC as an aspect to my other healing work. I see it as a part of a very full package that I keep adding skills to. I see myself working with more children and with the elderly. I see myself truly coming into my power as a person that is meant to help to heal the world and the planet and to show others how they can also be a part of that healing as well.

Why Would You Recommend the Training to Others?

I would recommend the training because not only did it help me with my own issues with food and diet and self sabotage and toxic thoughts etc… but it brought me to a very special place of being able to be of service to anyone. This teaching relates to every single person that I come in contact with. It is extremely interesting and difficult and fun and life changing and life affirming. I do not know where I would be now without this teaching. I really don’t. I feel like I would still be asleep to the world and to so many of the nuances of this life.

Anything else you’d like to share?

Coaching isn’t easy. But don’t be afraid. You are ready. You can do it.

NAME: Stella Metzner
WEBSITE: stellafay.com

BIO: Stella Metzner is a certified Reiki Master, and Eating Psychology Coach and
a healer. She combines Reiki, EPC, and also uses an ancient healing
technique for women called V-Steam. She became interested in the healing
arts after her own health issues developed in 2008. She has combined all of
these healing modalities along with her career in the fashion industry to
help her clients get to their highest goals and their best self.

Get Your FREE Video Series

New Insights to Forever Transform Your Relationship with Food

P.S. – To learn more about the breakthrough body of work we teach here at the Institute for the Psychology of Eating, please sign up for our free video training series at ipe.tips. You’ll learn about the cutting-edge principles of Dynamic Eating Psychology and Mind Body Nutrition that have helped millions forever transform their relationship with food, body, and health. Lastly, we want to make sure you’re aware of our two premier offerings. Our Eating Psychology Coach Certification Training is an 8 month distance learning program that you can take from anywhere in the world to launch a new career or to augment an already existing health practice. And Transform Your Relationship with Food is our 8 week online program for anyone looking to take a big leap forward with food and body.



source http://psychologyofeating.com/my-life-as-an-eating-psychology-coach-stella-metzner/

No comments:

Post a Comment