Wednesday 19 October 2016

My Life as an Eating Psychology Coach: Louise Jeffrey

What made you want to become an Eating Psychology Coach?

My own struggles with emotional eating, overeating, and binge eating, led me to seek out ways to help heal my relationship with food. I found Marc David and absolutely loved the principles and concepts of Eating Psychology and Mind Body Nutrition. I then decided to study to become and Eating Psychology Coach.

What do you love about being an Eating Psychology Coach?

I get to help others have the same incredible transformation that I have had. I can give back to the world in a way that is so deeply meaningful for me. And, I can help women to let go of the shackles that society’s perception of the feminine places on them, so that they can start loving the body they have.

What does your practice look like?

I tend to see mostly women with weight, food or body challenges – from teenage girls in Eating Disorder Recovery, to women in their 70’s who eat emotionally. I see clients in a one-to-one capacity for a 12 session programme, and I also run day long workshops and 6 month group programmes online.

How did your education at the Institute prepare you to work successfully with clients?

It gave me all the information I needed to fully understand what may be going on for each client. It also gave me the practical tools and strategies I needed, so I could give clients homework and practical exercises to do at home.

What was your favorite aspect of the Training?

The flexibility of being able to listen to lectures when I could (i.e. on the train on the way to work or on the way to school pick up ☺). I also loved the online classes, the Q&A’s, and the facebook support group.

How has being an Eating Psychology Coach impacted your professional life/financial well-being?

It has allowed me to start earning an income while helping in an area that so desperately needs it – women’s body image and disordered eating. It is an extra income stream for me outside of my already existing Acupuncture practice.

How has being an Eating Psychology Coach impacted you personally?

It has helped heal my relationship with food and teach me to love my body from the inside out, no matter my size. It has helped me to have compassion and empathy for myself, and help others to do the same. I feel so much lighter and I have more energy to put towards the things I love rather than obsessing about food.

What do you see for yourself in your future as an Eating Psychology Coach – where is your work evolving towards?

I am working towards helping more people, running more workshops, online courses and group programmes. To make a bigger impact, I’d also like to look to partner up with a larger organisation, such as Body Matters or Body Positive Australia.

Why Would You Recommend the Training to Others?

It’s the most comprehensive Eating Psychology Course out there. Marc has a beautiful way of delivering information that helps you remember and understand it. And because you’ll meet the most wonderful like-minded people in your journey together.

NAME: Louise Jeffrey
BUSINESS: Mind Body Food Transformation
WEBSITE: louisejeffrey.com

BIO: Louise Jeffrey is an Eating Psychology Coach and Psychotherapist who helps men and women with food, weight and body challenges to transform their relationship with food and their body. She runs a busy practice in North Sydney and Neutral Bay. Louise is also a trained Acupuncturist and Clinical Hypnotherapist, and runs regular workshops in Dynamic Eating Psychology and Health & Wellbeing. She is also a regular speaker at events and seminars.

Get Your FREE Video Series

New Insights to Forever Transform Your Relationship with Food

P.S. – To learn more about the breakthrough body of work we teach here at the Institute for the Psychology of Eating, please sign up for our free video training series at ipe.tips. You’ll learn about the cutting-edge principles of Dynamic Eating Psychology and Mind Body Nutrition that have helped millions forever transform their relationship with food, body, and health. Lastly, we want to make sure you’re aware of our two premier offerings. Our Eating Psychology Coach Certification Training is an 8 month distance learning program that you can take from anywhere in the world to launch a new career or to augment an already existing health practice. And Transform Your Relationship with Food is our 8 week online program for anyone looking to take a big leap forward with food and body.



source http://psychologyofeating.com/my-life-as-an-eating-psychology-coach-louise-jeffrey/

No comments:

Post a Comment