Tuesday 16 April 2019

My Life as an Eating Psychology Coach: Miriam Byrne

What made you want to become an Eating Psychology Coach?

I have a deep curiosity about human behaviour. Why do people do what they do when they know that it’s not in their best interest and damages their health and wellbeing? I wanted to look beyond food when supporting clients to heal their relationship with eating and body image and this course resonated deeply with me. Giving clients detailed dietary recommendations on their own is not enough to effect powerful and lasting change, I feel that the emotional side was every bit as important as food and exercise.

What do you love about being an Eating Psychology Coach?

I love that this approach to eating is innovative and invites the client onto a journey of discovery and self-reflection. It is not another ‘new diet’ that sets the client up for more failure. Also I can give clients recommendations, such as slowing down their pace of eating, which they can start implementing at the very next meal so this helps build momentum for working on more challenging areas.

What does your practice look like?

I work with women from all backgrounds, from high achieving career women to busy stay-at-home mothers. My own background in Corporate Finance (I initially trained as an accountant) helps me to understand the relentless pressure women can find themselves under trying to juggle all their commitments at work and at home. I work with weight loss resistance, emotional eating, stress, and hormonal imbalances.

What was your favorite aspect of the Training?

As an auditory learner, I found the most useful aspect of the course to be the audios which I downloaded and listened to everywhere – especially in the car. Each time I re-listened to a lecture I absorbed something new, there is quite a volume of information on this course and it takes time to fully integrate it so you can confidently apply the distinctions with clients.

How has being an Eating Psychology Coach impacted your professional life/financial well-being?

Being able to offer prospective clients eating psychology coaching alongside recommendations around nutrition and lifestyle helps to set me apart from other nutritionists in my area so it is a source of competitive advantage for my practice. I am first person in Ireland to complete this training at IPE so that gives me a USP!

How has being an Eating Psychology Coach impacted you personally?

I have gained so much on a personal level from training to become an Eating Psychology Coach. I have had my own struggles with erratic eating, especially during times of high stress. It has helped me to develop a more empowered relationship around food and this has ripple effects for my confidence in other areas of my life.

What do you see for yourself in your future as an Eating Psychology Coach – where is your work evolving towards?

I would like share my knowledge of nutrition and eating psychology with a wider audience through workshops and events. I will continue working on a 1-1 basis with clients as the satisfaction I get from witnessing their breakthroughs is immense. I am also writing a book and have got a publisher so this is another way I am bringing my message to more people.

Why Would You Recommend the Training to Others?

The Training is thorough and innovative and equips you to work confidently and skilfully with people in effecting powerful changes in their lives around such areas as eating, body image, digestion, and mood. There is a growing demand for coaches who can do this work in a compassionate and heart-centred way. Our busy and frantic world needs people with this Training!
The Training leads you on a path of self-exploration and healing your own relationship with food and opens up doorways to a rewarding and meaningful career.

NAME: Miriam Byrne
BUSINESS: Founder of Women’s Nutrition

BIO: Miriam Byrne is a holistic nutritionist and Eating Psychology Coach based in Cork, Ireland. She is founder of Women’s Nutrition and is passionate about inspiring and empowering women of all ages to live a happy and healthy lifestyle focusing on nutrition, hormones and emotions. She is widowed with two sons.

P.S. – To learn more about the breakthrough body of work we teach here at the Institute for the Psychology of Eating, please sign up for our free video training series at ipe.tips. You’ll learn about the cutting-edge principles of Dynamic Eating Psychology and Mind Body Nutrition that have helped millions forever transform their relationship with food, body, and health. Lastly, we want to make sure you’re aware of our two premier offerings. Our Eating Psychology Coach Certification Training is an 8 month distance learning program that you can take from anywhere in the world to launch a new career or to augment an already existing health practice. And Transform Your Relationship with Food is our 8 week online program for anyone looking to take a big leap forward with food and body.



source https://psychologyofeating.com/my-life-as-an-eating-psychology-coach-miriam-byrne/

No comments:

Post a Comment