Friday 30 September 2016

My Life as an Eating Psychology Coach: Dawn MacLaughlin

What made you want to become an Eating Psychology Coach?

I enrolled in the Psychology of Eating Certification program in order to find some answers to my own battle with food. I had no intention or idea of becoming a coach. However, as I experienced the truly transformational nature of this work, as I experienced how my own life was changed, I felt a calling. I knew I had received a gift that I needed to share with others. I knew I needed to help others move beyond their combative relationship with food and body, just as I did.

What do you love about being an Eating Psychology Coach?

I love watching people transform, watching them light up. I have had the honor to be a part of some amazing clients’ journeys as they go from being closed in, unhappy, with low self-esteem into fully empowered individuals who are ready to rock the world. As one of my clients recently said to me: “I feel the world is now my playground”. Being able to witness a transformation like that, well, that’s amazing.

What does your practice look like?

I work with clients who have struggled with weight for a long time, who have tried many diets and are just fed up with the diet industry, who are overloaded by all the information out there, who are looking for someone who can empower them to create an eating style that fits with their unique lifestyle, personality, and body’s needs. I work with clients both privately and in groups. I have programs designed to create transformation at different levels – at the behavioral level, the belief level, and the identity level. I offer a free strategy session to all prospective clients; during this session, we strategize on how best help the client, whether that means working with me or not. My practice is virtual – I meet with clients using video conference.

How did your education at the Institute prepare you to work successfully with clients?

The education provided a wealth of knowledge about eating psychology, case studies illustrating how to apply it in practice, coaching question sequences to get you started, lots of ideas about activities to engage the client, and some basic business knowledge.

What was your favorite aspect of the Training?

Hard to pick a favorite – the Facebook group continues to be a great wealth of support. The videos and downloadable audios are so rich in content; some of them I have listened to several times. But honestly, one of the things I really loved was the optional reading list. The course compiled a great set of readings that were really powerful. Many of these readings I have recommended to clients, and to other coaches.

How has being an Eating Psychology Coach impacted your professional life/financial well-being?

Just the fact that I can say I am an Eating Psychology Coach, that this has become my professional life, that is huge. I finally feel like I have found what it is that I am supposed to be doing. Financially, while I am still building my practice, I am hopeful that I will generate as much revenue this year as I would have from my previous job, and I expect it to only get better.

How has being an Eating Psychology Coach impacted you personally?

I have finally found a career that I am excited about. I get up in the morning thinking “who will I get to serve today?”. I am an entrepreneur, I am my own boss. I feel a happiness and freedom that I hadn’t known before. And a sense of purpose.

What do you see for yourself in your future as an Eating Psychology Coach – where is your work evolving towards?

I am looking to share the amazing power of this work with as many people as possible. I am always on the lookout for speaking opportunities, where I can reach larger audiences and share simple, actionable items that can help people improve their lives. This year I am organizing my first holistic health retreat, hopefully the first of many. I am just looking for more ways to serve.

Why Would You Recommend the Training to Others?

There is no other training that I know of that provides the wealth of knowledge about people’s relationship with food. We are all eaters – we can all benefit from this knowledge. Whether you take the training for yourself, as I did, or for your career, you will be changed by it.

Anything else you’d like to share?

I will be forever grateful to Marc and Emily and all the Institute’s staff for creating this body of work. It came to me at the perfect time, and it launched me on a path I never could have anticipated, but I think the universe had perhaps planned for me. Thank you.

NAME: Dawn MacLaughlin, Ph.D.
BUSINESS: Certified Eating Psychology Coach
Owner/founder Mind Body Nutrition Coaching LLC
WEBSITE: mindbodynutritioncoaching.com

BIO: Dawn helps people who have been struggling with weight, food, and body finally achieve the peace they seek, without dieting, and without giving up the things they love.

Get Your FREE Video Series

New Insights to Forever Transform Your Relationship with Food

P.S. – To learn more about the breakthrough body of work we teach here at the Institute for the Psychology of Eating, please sign up for our free video training series at ipe.tips. You’ll learn about the cutting-edge principles of Dynamic Eating Psychology and Mind Body Nutrition that have helped millions forever transform their relationship with food, body, and health. Lastly, we want to make sure you’re aware of our two premier offerings. Our Eating Psychology Coach Certification Training is an 8 month distance learning program that you can take from anywhere in the world to launch a new career or to augment an already existing health practice. And Transform Your Relationship with Food is our 8 week online program for anyone looking to take a big leap forward with food and body.



source http://psychologyofeating.com/my-life-as-an-eating-psychology-coach-dawn-maclaughlin/

No comments:

Post a Comment