Monday 17 September 2018

Falling in Love this Season with Burt’s Bees Natural (and Affordable) Cosmetics

Beauties, it is not often that I create full makeup looks on LPN. When I do play with beauty looks around trends or new seasons, I’m still about embracing my favourite features – which for me are all about my lashes and a healthy glow. So, when Burt’s Bees reached out to team up on a look that fit my personal idea of beauty for New York Fashion Week, I jumped at the idea!

When it comes to makeup, my style tends to be quite natural with a focus on long lashes, rather than letting norms dictate my concept of beauty. So when I’m playing around with trends and the latest fall colours, I love to accentuate my favourite features – that’s what makes me feel my most beautiful. As someone whose beauty routine go-to is a lip balm, I had so much fun playing with the hydrating, vibrant colours of Burt’s Bees’ new Liquid Lipsticks. Needless to say – I fell in LOVE.

I created this look for the perfect summer to fall transition. It is a combo of tawny brown eyes and dusty pink lips, with a little highlighter to brighten up the face. While I’ve chosen to stick to more neutral tones, the Burt’s Bees Beauty Collection includes some powerful bursts of colour to make a dramatic entrance to fall, if you’re someone who likes to play up a bold lip!

One thing my readers often ask me is, “Where do you find affordable natural beauty products that actually work?”Well, dear ones, I am happy to announce that I’ve been in flight for the past 10 hours from Vancouver to Frankfurt, and my foundation is still on, my eye shadow and liner is still intact and despite taking a red-eye, I don’t look like I’ve melted. How’s that for effective? Oh, and all of the products are affordable and available at CVS!

So here’s how it all went down – the below picture is a spread of all the colours and products I have used for the look, including my favourite combo of dewy and warm tones to enhance what God(dess) gave to us ;)

 

I started off my look with Burt’s Bees Goodness Glows Liquid Makeup in Ivory. It is one of the lightest shades of the 18 shade collection. It is a hydrating and full coverage formula that helps moisturize and smooth your skin tone.It is, of course formulated without parabens or silicones – and it even uses sustainably sourced Meadowfoam seed oil, which is the queen when it comes to moisturizing.

From there, I added a little glow by using their new All Aglow Bronzer & Highlighter sticks in Golden Shimmer and Opal Mist. By using these products together, my skin was glowing and my cheek bones brightened for the perfect look. And of course, they are both 100% natural. They are formulated with coconut oil, jojoba oil, cupuacu butter and daikon radish extract, which creates a smooth application that easily blends into the skin.

I created the perfect look for my eyes by using the Burt’s Bees Nourishing Eyeliner Pencil (in Warm Brown) and their Eye Shadow Trio (in Blooming Desert). The 100% Natural Eyeshadow Trio has a perfect amount of pigment –It’s not too much, but not too little. You can build the colour easily and I found it really lasts.

The Burt’s Bees Nourishing Eyeliner Pencil is long-wearing and perfect for any occasion. Like I said, I’ve been flying for hours and my eyeliner still looks crisp. Normally, I would remove makeup before a long flight, but this natural liner is safe for sensitive eyes so I don’t have to worry. I also love that the Eyebrow Pencils are sourced from responsibly harvested cedar wood, and contain Meadowfoam and Mango oil.

Finally, I completed my look with a pretty lip using a combination of Burt’s Bees’ Glossy Lipstick in Peony Dew and their Liquid Lipstick in Blush Bay, which is one of their CVS exclusive gilded shades. 

There are 18 incredible Liquid Lipsticks shades, so picking one was a little tough. With that being said, all of their Liquid Lipsticks last for up to 4 hours and moisturize while they build bold, brilliant colour. The 100% natural formula includes shea butter, apricot and babassu oil (say bye bye to petrolatum, dimethicone and synthetic dyes)!

Enjoy the entrance into fall, and beauties, don’t forget to shop all of the Burt’s Bees favourites in stores and online at CVS Pharmacy.

X

K

The post Falling in Love this Season with Burt’s Bees Natural (and Affordable) Cosmetics appeared first on Living Pretty, Naturally.



source http://livingprettynaturally.com/fall-ing-love-season-burts-bees-natural-affordable-cosmetics/

No comments:

Post a Comment