Sunday 5 February 2017

Self-care Sundays: DIY Organic Skincare with Oleum Vera

I love Sundays. I would argue they are my favourite day of the week, namely because I try not to plan much and instead just hang around the house with a cup of tea, a good book, my journal and of course, try out some new skincare.  This week was Oleum Vera, an organic, non-GMO, DIY skincare kit.

DIY Organic Skincare Oleum Vera

Today was as little more exciting, as I finally got to try Oleum Vera’s DIY skincare system. Why is it exciting? Because it is DIY organic skincare. It comes with a fantastic set of ingredients (to help you blend and combine to your hearts content – and comes with instructions so you can be sure to create the perfect “system” for your skin type.

DIY Organic Skincare Oleum Vera

Combining the different ingredients made for a good learning experience, as did testing out the products when I was finished.

DIY Organic Lemon & Cucumber Toner Recipe

DIY Organic Skincare Oleum Vera

First thing I created was the toner. Oleum Vera stocks you with the Vegetable-based glycerine, the non-GMO vitamin E and you just add the rest of the ingredients from your fridge or cupboard.

This toner is for normal to combination skin. Since most of the toners I use are floral waters, I thought it would be nice to have something a little more clarifying for days leading up to my moon cycle. Great for the odd hormonal breakout, or just keeping things feel fresh post cleanse.

DIY Organic Skincare Oleum Vera

Ingredients

  • ½ large organic cucumber, diced small (cooling on the skin)
  • 3 tbs (45 ml) organic witch hazel oil (helps to tighten the skin and get rid of bacteria)
  • 2 tbs (30 ml) organic green tea (antioxidant rich and cooling)
  • 1 tbs (15 ml) organic lemon juice (a glow-getter ingredient)
  • 1 tsp (5 ml) non-GMO plant-based glycerin (attracts and retains moisture)
  • 1 tsp (5 ml) non-GMO vitamin E oil (natural preservative)

Blend all ingredients together in a blender. Then, use a piece of cheese cloth or a coffee filter to strain the mixture so you’re left with just the liquid. Pour it into the glass bottle provided.

DIY Organic Skincare Oleum Vera

DIY Organic Face Serum with Geranium and Pomegranate

This serum I made was for dry or sensitive skin, and since it is snowing outside and the heat is pumping in here, I can’t  help but think my skin could use a little extra moisture.

This was by far my favourite part. I absolutely love facial oils and serums, so getting to create my own was fun (I also learned something new). I focused on healing oils, and wanted something for dryness and anti-aging. I decided to opt for a pomegranate and geranium oil face serum with a base of jojoba and marula oil.

DIY Organic Skincare Oleum Vera
  • 1 tbs (15 ml) organic marula oil (light but big source of fatty acids – so great for skin elasticity)
  • 1 tsp (5 ml) organic jojoba oil (has similar structure to human sebum, so it is great for balancing)
  • 1 tsp (5 ml) organic pomegranate seed oil (deeply penetrating and full of antioxidants)
  • 1 tsp (5 ml) non-GMO vitamin E oil (a natural preservative)
  • 6 drops organic geranium essential oil (cooling and balancing effect on the skin, also great for wrinkles)
  • 6 drops organic frankincense essential oil (protects skin, helps to lift and tighten)


DIY Organic Skincare Oleum Vera

I hope you can get your hands on this, and have as much fun as I did. Oleum Vera also has organic DIY kits for hair, facial cleansing, body and at home spa.

The whole kit retails for $75 USD – which is a fantastic price when you consider you’re getting two facial oils and a toner from the box. Not to  mention the fun.

The facial kit comes with two bottles for the moisturizing serum, perhaps consider creating one for a friend (or with a friend).

Happy Sunday, loves.

X
K

Shop the Post

Turn on your JavaScript to view content

The post Self-care Sundays: DIY Organic Skincare with Oleum Vera appeared first on Living Pretty, Naturally.



source http://livingprettynaturally.com/self-care-sundays-diy-organic-skincare-with-oleum-vera/

No comments:

Post a Comment